Replacing Federal Pacific Breakers
As a homeowner in the beautiful and historic North Providence, Rhode Island, you take great pride in your residence. It’s a place where you have made memories and created a comfortable and safe living space for you and your family. However, what if we tell you that your home’s electrical system may be unsafe and putting your family at risk? This might come as a shock, but the truth is that many homes in zip code 02904 and across the United States are equipped with faulty and potentially dangerous Federal Pacific breakers.
If you are not familiar with Federal Pacific breakers, you are not alone. Most homeowners aren’t aware of this issue until they experience problems with their electrical system. It’s common for homeowners to only become aware of the potential danger when they are trying to sell their house and a home inspector informs them that their electrical panel needs to be replaced. However, waiting for such a situation to arise is not only risky but also adds unnecessary stress and expenses to homeowners.
Thankfully, B&K Electric, a family-owned and operated electrical company based in Warwick, RI, is here to guide you through the process of replacing Federal Pacific breakers and ensuring your home’s electrical safety.
Who Are We?
B&K Electric has been proudly serving the residents of Cranston, Warwick, and all of Rhode Island for over seventeen years. We are a team of dedicated and experienced electricians who specialize in electrical repair, panel maintenance, and installation services. We understand the importance of having a functioning and safe electrical system in your home, and that’s why we have made it our mission to provide top-notch electrical services to our community.
Why Are Federal Pacific Breakers Unsafe?
Federal Pacific Electric (FPE) was a popular manufacturer of electrical panels and circuit breakers from the 1950s to the 1980s. Many homes across the nation, including those in zip code 02904, were equipped with these panels during this time. However, it was later found that FPE breakers had serious flaws that could potentially cause electrical fires and put homeowners at risk.
One of the main issues with FPE breakers is their tendency to not trip or shut off in the event of an overload or short circuit. This means that the breaker fails to protect your home from an electrical hazard, and could lead to a fire. Additionally, FPE breakers have also been found to not properly connect with the buss bar, which can cause arcing and overheating. In some cases, the panel may even have aluminum wiring, which poses another serious safety concern.
What Is a Federal Pacific Breaker Replacement?
A Federal Pacific breaker replacement involves removing the faulty electrical panel and replacing it with a newer and safer one. Upon inspection, if our team finds that your home is equipped with an FPE panel, we will suggest a replacement to ensure your home’s electrical safety. Our experienced electricians will carefully assess your electrical system and recommend the best panel for your home’s needs. We are a fully licensed and insured company and use only top-quality materials to ensure your home’s electrical system functions safely and efficiently.
Why Is It Important to Have Your FPE Breaker Replaced?
The safety of your home and family is paramount, and having an FPE breaker in your electrical panel poses a serious safety hazard. Replacing your FPE breaker is crucial for several reasons:
1. Mitigates Potential Electrical Hazards: As mentioned earlier, FPE breakers have a high failure rate and can potentially cause electrical fires. By replacing your FPE breaker, you eliminate the risk of such hazards and ensure your home’s electrical safety.
2. Compliance with Electrical Codes: Building codes and regulations are constantly evolving to ensure the safety of occupants. Having an outdated FPE panel does not comply with current electrical codes and can make it difficult to sell your home. By replacing your FPE breaker, you ensure that your home meets all safety standards and is in compliance with regulations.
3. Peace of Mind: As a homeowner, you want the assurance that your home is safe for your family and loved ones. Replacing your FPE breaker provides peace of mind and eliminates any potential safety concerns, giving you one less thing to worry about.
What to Expect During a Federal Pacific Breaker Replacement
At B&K Electric, we understand that any electrical work can seem like a daunting and overwhelming task for homeowners. That’s why we strive to make the entire process as painless as possible. Here’s what you can expect during a Federal Pacific breaker replacement:
1. Initial Inspection: Our team will conduct a thorough inspection of your electrical system to determine if your home has an FPE panel. We will then discuss the replacement process and answer any questions you may have.
2. Scheduling and Preparation: Once you have given us the go-ahead, we will schedule a convenient time for the replacement to take place. Our team will also provide you with information on how to prepare your home for the replacement.
3. Replacement Process: Our team of skilled electricians will arrive at your home on the scheduled date and begin the replacement. We will ensure that the process is done safely and efficiently, with minimal disruption to your daily routine.
4. Final Inspection: Once the replacement is complete, our team will conduct a final inspection to ensure that your new panel is functioning properly and safely.
5. Cleanup and Disposal: We take pride in leaving your home cleaner than we found it. Our team will clean up after themselves and dispose of any old materials, leaving your home in pristine condition.
Don’t jeopardize the safety of your home and family by ignoring the potential dangers of having an FPE breaker in your electrical panel. Contact B&K Electric for a thorough inspection and replacement today. Our team is dedicated to providing top-quality electrical services to the residents of North Providence, Rhode Island, and the surrounding areas.